Boga

In the ARC at Slippery Rock University they have this one fitness activity called Boga. Boga is simply  a workout in a board in the water. The workout consists of working out the arms, legs, and abs. The activity lasts about 50 minutes. Boga is one of the most fun activities at Slippery Rock University without a doubt.

Comments

  1. I completely agree with this statement because I started boga last year. Since then I have gone to the ARC for this class a handful of times. The workout focus is actually in the abs the most because you have to engage your core to stand up and move around on the board. The instructor and I were talking about how in the future classes they are looking to have resistance bands for added fun. The instructor is also the Co-president of the School Wellness Education Council club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried Boga but I have seen the class. It looks like a lot of fun! I think this is an activity that we should learn how to teach as PAFM majors. It seems like a really great workout that can be implemented into YMCAs and other fitness facilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tired Boga before, but I have seen people do it. It always look like they are having such a fun time doing it, which makes me want to try it but haven't gotten around to it yet. I have tried Standup paddle board before and it kind of reminds me of that but it also looks a little harder. I have to make some time to go and try it out everyone I talk to about it tells me how much fun it is and how it's a great workout. That's one of the things I want to try before leaving Slippery Rock University.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I.M. Leagues

The ARC